Saturday, June 18, 2011

Cabbage Paratha with Simple yogurt dip

Today I was searching and searching for Paratha recipes in my blog and I am so surprised to discover I didn't have any paratha recipes in my blog. I make parathas' so often that I was thinking I already have it in my blog and never get to the point of actually blogging it
         Anyway, better to be late than never
         The stuffing I am using in this paratha can also be just served as a side dish along with some  Khatti Dal with white rice or with Plain Roti
        And I am serving this Cabbage stuffed Indian bread with one of my very close friends' recipe of a very simple yet very delicious yogurt dip.

First of all make some Cabbage Stuffing

Cabbage Stuffing

Stuffed Cabbage Paratha (Indian wheat bread stuffed with stir fried cabbage)

Cabbage stuffed paratha
Ingredients:
  1. 3 cups wheat flour +Extra for rolling the roti
  2. 1-11/2 cup cooked cabbage stuffing

  3. 1 teaspoon oil+ oil for frying

  4. Water for making in dough

  5. 1/2-2/3 teaspoon salt

Sift the flour with salt and add water to the flour a little at a time until the dough comes together. Apply one teaspoon of oil to the palm of your hand and roll the roll with your palm so that the oil coats the dough. Cover and set aside for 20 minutes
        Divided the dough into 6-8 parts. Clean your counter top and sprinkle some flour and start rolling one part of dough into tortilla. Add more flour if the dough starts to stick. Once its about 3 inches wide add a tablespoon of the stuffing and close the close as a dumpling, again into a ball and set it aside for about 5 minutes. Continue with the remaining parts of dough
           Again add some flour to your counter and start rolling the dough again using the rolling pin into a paratha about 1/2 cm thick. Heat a griddle and fry the paratha on medium heat for about 2-3 minutes at a time till drak spots start appering. Drizzle 1/2 teaspoon of oil or better yet use ghee on each side and fry for a couple of more minutes. Serve hot with Yogurt dip or as is

Yogurt Dip (Yogurt with Indian Spices)

Yogurt Dip
Ingredients:
  1. 1/2 cup plain yogurt
  2. 1/2-2/3 teaspoon chaat masala
  3. 1/4 teaspoon salt or to taste
Beat the yogurt with the rest of the ingredients and serve as a dip with any type of paratha or roti




No comments:

Post a Comment