|Korean Beef with vegetables|
|Sweet and Spicy Korean beef|
- 2-3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon white or rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon crushed red-pepper flakes, or sambal
- 1 teaspoon each of ground ginger, garlic, minced, corn starch
- 1 pound ground beef or fine beef cubes
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup each of cubed carrots, zucchini, yellow squash, chopped onions and broccoli
- 1/2 tablespoons oil (only if using beef cubes else skip)
Heat a pan and cook the ground beef without oil or beef cubes with oil for 7-8 minutes. Drain and set aside.
Mix the sugar, vinegar, red peppers or sambal, soya sauce and corn starch along with 1/2 cup water.
Add onions and carrots to the pan and cook for 3 minutes. Add the rest of the veggies and garlic and ginger and stir and cook for 5 minutes. Add the beef back to the pan along with the sauce reduce the heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes
Garnish with cilantro and green onions and serve over plain rice