Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Lima beans Chicken Pulao and Raita

Summer if finally here and I am lovin' it. It was also summer in many of the cartoon shoes  (wuw shoes on my mind!!!) Shows my daughter watches and in one of such shows' the characters went on a picture. So my little sweetie wanted to go to. Hence I had to whip up something super fast in about an hour which is fun and easy and delicious to eat. SO the one put wonder Pulao, Pilaf, Palao whatever you call it.
        I had some leftover chicken so I am using it and I am out of the usual veggies you use in a fried rice- peas and carrots. But I recently got a can of Lima beans and I decided to use them. And believe me you, these lima beans elavated the taste of the rice to a whole new yummy level.
         Since I was going out at about 6.30 PM and the food will be eaten in less than an hour I also made some yogurt side to go with the rice. You can skip it if you are going out on a hot afternoon

Lima beans Chicken Pulao (Rice with Lima beans and chicken)

Lima Beans Chicken Pulao
Ingredients:
  1. 2 cups basmati rice cooked with 3 cups water
  2. 2 cups left over chicken curry or store bought rotiserrie chicken shredded and deboned
  3. 1 can medium sized lima beans (drained and washed)
  4. 1/2 cup chicken broth or use water
  5. 1 teaspoon dried basil or 1 tablespoon fresh basil finely chopped
  6. 1/2-2/3 teaspoon salt
  7. 1/2 teaspoon lemon pepper or regular pepper fresh ground
  8. 2 tablespoons lemon juice fresh squeezed
Cook the rice in a rice cooker and let it cool a bit. In a pot heat the chicken broth or water and add the rinsed lima beans and cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Uncover and simmer for 5 more minutes. Add the rest of the ingredients except rice and lemon juice and stir. Reduce the heat to medium low and add rice and stir to combine. Cover and cook for 3 minutes. Garnish with cilantro stir again and cover and cook for 3 more minutes. Cut the heat and add lemon juice and stir to combine. Serve hot or at room temeprature

Dahi Raita: Add one green chillie finely chopped if you want it a bit spicy

Also try my other one pot wonders
  1. Zeera Rice
  2. Vegetable Zeera Rice
  3. Plain Pulao

No comments:

Post a Comment