Monday, June 6, 2011

Gosht ke Semiyah

I had a make a quick breakfast. And Hubby dear would have very much liked Semiyah Upma. I could have also made some Puffed Rice Upma or Poha Upma . But I was not feeling like eating any of these. So I made one of my favourite breakfasts'- Gosht ke Semiyah.
              This breakfast or a quick evening snack works best if you have some left-over mutton curry (lamb curry). In my case some Onion Leek Corned Lamb

Gosht ke Semiyah (Wheat noodles cooked with lamb)

Gosh ke Semiyah
Ingredients:
  1. 1 cup cooked Onion-leek Corned Lamb (1 cup lamb curry)
  2. 2 cups dry roasted vermicelli
  3. 1/2 teaspoon salt or to taste
  4. 3 cups water
If you used lamb with bones for the lamb curry, shred the meat and remove the bones. if you have used boneless lamb, cut the pieces into further smaller pieces

In a pan add the curry or corned lamb curry and heat it. Add the water and bring to a boil and add salt. Add the vermicelli, cover and cook till the vermicelli gets cooked and the water evaporates. garnish with cilantro and serve with Indian pickles and Maggi Ketchup

1 comment: