Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Healthy green bean fry

It has been a long time since I got fresh green beans. I find it more convenient to buy frozen or canned cut green beans and my favourite is the French cut green beans. But anyway, the other day I found fresh green beans and couldn't resist getting them. They looked fresh
         So when I started searching for green bean recipes, all I could find is either steamed green bean salad recipes or the heavy calorific green bean casseroles. So I kind of made my own recipe and it is healthy as well as yummy. I made mango Dal  to go with it.

Healthy green bean stir fry (Green beans stir fried in olive oil)

Healthy green bean stir fry
Ingredients:
  1. 1 lb fresh green beans ends cut and cut into 11/2 inch pieces
  2. 1 tablespoons olive oil
  3. 1/2 large onion sliced
  4. 3-4 deli sliced chicken julienned
  5. 1 tomato sliced
  6. 1/2 teaspoon each of salt, lemon pepper, italian seasoning,celery salt
  7. 1/4 cup fresh chopped parsley
In a microwave safe bowl put the grean beans add a little water and cover and microwave for 2 minutes. In a pan heat the oil and fry the onions till they start to caramelize. Add all the other ingredients, stir to combine and cover and let fry for 10 minutes. Add parsley, stir to combine cut the heat and serve, as is or with rice and dal

No comments:

Post a Comment