Sunday, May 1, 2011

Waffles with Strawberry syrup

Sunday is always a special day. Either you spend the whole day lazying around home and go out and have fun. Whatever it may be, its a day to eat something special.
            Summer is finally here this year and this is one season I really love and really hate. I love it because of all the nature's bounty that is available and the days are so long and nice. You have more time to do things. And I hate it, because somedays become way too hot and you can't go out and sit inside with the AC on. Which makes my skin really dry and itchy. Anyway, I guess everthing has its own +ves and -ves.
           My daughter loooooooooves strawberries and I got a big box the other day and then she didn't want to eat them. KIDS!!! So that box was sitting there and the berries rotting. So I decided to make my own strawberry syrup for waffles and pancakes and icecream and shortcake and pastry and cheesecake and any other million things you can think of. I love this home made one because its low in sugar and its fresh

Strawberry Topping (Strawberries cooked in sugar)

Strawberry syrup
Ingredients:
  1. 1 12 oz box of strawberries, washed and the top cut and sliced into 3-4 pieces each
  2. 1/3-1/2 cup sugar
  3. 1/4 cup water
How to wash strawberry: Take a bowl fill it with water. Add the strawberries to it (don't cut the tops yet) and give them a swirl for about a minute. Set the bowl aside for 5 minutes. Drain the strawberries and enjoy

After you have washed the strawberries slice them and add to a pot. add the water and sugar and stir to combine. Bring to a boil and simmer on low heat for 5 minutes. Refrigerate the syrup and enjoy on waffles, pancakes, ice cream etc

                I served with waffles made according to the directions on the box using Aunt Jemima pancake mix. And I served them topped with Whipped cream
Waffles with strawberries and cream

No comments:

Post a Comment