Sunday, May 21, 2017

Ravva Laddu

When I was a kid, this used to be my favorite laddu...And there used to be a little store where I would walk with my brother hen I was too young to go by myself and later by myself and get one of these laddus. I had no idea that you could make them at home, until one day!!! My mom surprised me with these laddus....I was sooo happy...Those uncomplicated days of childhood.

Today, finally I introduced to to my kids and was very anxious, to see if they will like it ....I am a happy mom today....they love them too :)

Sooji Laddu (Semolina balls with dried nuts)
Ravva Laddu

Ingredients:


  1. 1 cup Sooji
  2.  1 tablespoon each of cashew pieces, sliced almonds, raisins,poppy seeds (optional)
  3. 2 tablespoons desiccated coconut coarse powder
  4. 2 teaspoons ghee
  5. 2 cardamom pods crushed
  6. 1/4 cup each of milk, sugar (of more 
In a pan heat the ghee and fry the dry fruits/nuts along with the cardamom for 2 minutes. Reduce heat to low and add the sooji and fry until it starts getting brown. Add the sugar and mix well. Add coconut and stir well. Cut the heat the add the milk and stir well. Put it on a plate and wait for 1-2 minutes. Take a handful in a palm and scrunch it up into a tight ball. Serve/ Enjoy


No comments:

Post a Comment