Saturday, June 3, 2017

bendakaaya pulusu

Bendakaaya or ivy gourd , I have noticed that people with either love it or hate it. My husband loves it, my kids hates it. But this sour curry with tamarind juice is liked by all because I have mixed lima beans with it. It is great. I love it.

Tindora Khatta (Ivy gourd Lima Beans in Tamarind Juice)
Kandoori ka khatta
Ingredients:

  1. 12 oz ivygourd sliced lengthwise
  2. 1/2 can lima beans washed and rained
  3. 1 tablespoon oil
  4. 1/2 cup chopped onions
  5. 2-3 cups of juice from a golf sized tamarind
  6. 1/2 teaspoon each of cumin, turmeric, chilli powder
  7. 1/2 teaspoon or more salt
In a pan heat the oil and add the cumin and fry till they start spluttering. Add the ivy gourd and fry for 10 minutes. Add onions and fry till they become transparent. Add the rest of the ingredients and bring to a boil. Simmer for 15-20 minutes. Garnish with cilantro an serve with hot steamed rice

No comments:

Post a Comment