Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Chaat with Beans

So...I wanted to eat chaat with the Kachori I made. But I had no garbanzo beans, so I had to improvise. And improvise I did with pink beans, and boy oh boy the chaat was great.

I think I like the beans chaat more than the regular chick peas chaat

Aloo Chaat with Beans (Potatoes and Beans cooked in spices)
Chaat with beans

Kachori Chaat

Ingredients: 

  1. 1 can pink beans rinsed and drained
  2. 1/2 cup onions finely chopped + some extra for garnish
  3. 1 medium large potato boiled, peeled and chopped into 1 cm cubes
  4. 1/2 teaspoon each of chilli powder, salt, turmeric, cumin, coriander powder, grated ginger (optional)
  5. 1 heaped teaspoon chaat masala
  6. 1 tablespoon oil
In a pan heat the oil and fry the cumin till they start to splutter. Add the onions and fry till they become translucent. Ad the ginger if using and the potatoes and fry for a few minutes. Add the rest of the ingredients + 1/4 cup water, cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Add a little bit more water if it gets too dry. Garnish with cilantro and enjoy as is or over Kachori and sweet yogurt

No comments:

Post a Comment