Monday, January 2, 2017

Eggnog Latte

Happy new year everyone...Hope you had a great start to a new year. Hope you have all the wonderful things you seek, come to you this year. Good Luck.

So, with that well wishing I start my blogging for this year. We have to see how it will go.
The cold front from the North has finally reached the South and the temperatures have plummeted to below 40 degrees and its been raining...a wet and cold start to an year. I need some warm "pick me up" and I am turning to my old friend "eggnog" and made my own EggNog Latte...and yum did my Honey pick me up :)

Also, since the eggnog season is almost at the end, this is almost my last eggnog recipe of the Year season

Eggnog Latte (Coffee with steamed eggnog)
Eggnog Latte

Ingredients:

  1. 1/4 cup water (or strong brewed coffee)
  2. 1 teaspoon instant coffee (if you are using water in #1)
  3. 1/4 cup 2 milk (I used 2%)
  4. 3/4 cup store bought eggnog
  5. sugar or sweetener to taste
  6. Nutmeg to sprinkle
Make the coffee with the instant coffee or set the brewed coffee in a cup.
In another microwave safe tall cup heat the milk, eggnog and sweetener for a minute. Use a standing blender and froth the milk for a minute. (I have the amazing little 'frother', I once got in one of those Chinese shops...I used this to make my Lattes :)  )
Heat the milk again for 1 more minute (watch it carefully....make sure it doesn't spill...) Froth it again and add this to the brewed/ready coffee. Garnish with nutmeg and serve hot and enjoy 

Also try the other recipes with eggnog

No comments:

Post a Comment