Monday, December 26, 2016

Sugar cookies

I can cook but baking cookies is my nemesis...I have tried and tried again. Either they turn to be very crunchy...which I do not like, or turn to be cake like. I want a chewy cookie not a cake EEEKKK!!!

But today I hit the jackpot. Finally found the recipe which makes the delicious chewy cookies I love love love.

So...I must tell you, I have never baked a sugar cookie. So I missed one BIG detail about baking it. I should have left them like a ball and with enough space between each of them. So :(  they spread out and touched each other...so no round nice looking cookies. But for the first time baker, the taste is fantastic. Anyone trying to bake a cookie for the first time should start with this recipe.

This recipe makes about 30-32 cookies.

Sugar Cookies


Sugar cookies
Ingredients:
  1. 2-3/4 cup all purpose flour
  2. 1 teaspoon baking soda
  3. 1/2 teaspoon salt
  4. 1 cup (8oz) butter melted
  5. 2 cups sugar divided into 1-3/4 cup and 1/4 cup
  6. 2 teaspoons vanilla
  7. 2 eggs


In a medium bowl, stir together the flour, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until  fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then the vanilla. Gradually stir in the dry ingredients until just blended. Roll the dough into walnut sized balls and roll the balls in remaining 1/4 cup of sugar ( I used the different colored sugars I had) . Place cookies 2 inches apart onto a cookie sheets and flatten slightly.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, until lightly browned at the edges. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.

Serve with coffee or as is :)


How to freeze sugar cookie dough
 Place the cookie dough after rolling them in the sugar on to a cookie sheet and freeze them. So once you need some sugar fix, thaw as many as you want and bake and enjoy 

No comments:

Post a Comment