Saturday, June 9, 2012

Cooked EggNog

Eggnog is a recipe which is usually made during the winter holidays but it is such a nutrition rich drink and so creamy and delicious that my kids love it any time of the year. And since I am serving it to kids I don't give them the uncooked version but I make the cooked eggnog and I feel safe about it. Because I am not sure about serving raw eggs to anybody, let alone kids.
                  I have been making this eggnog for a long time now. I can't remember where I got the recipe from. I hope you too will enjoy it as much as me and my family does. So here you go

Cooked EggNog (Sweet and creamy eggs and milk)
Cooked Eggnog


Ingredients:

  1. 3 eggs beaten
  2. 1/2 cup sugar
  3. 21/2 cups whole milk
  4. 1 teaspoon good vanilla extract
  5. 1 cup heavy whipping cream
  6. 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
  7. 1/2 teaspoon salt
  8. Fresh nutmeg for garnishing
In a heavy saucepan combine eggs, sugar and salt and whisk together. Gradually stir in milk while whisking and cook for 10-15 minutes on medium low heat. Stir continuously. Remove custard from heat, put it in a bowl of water and stir in vanilla

NOTE: Serve warm with a sprinkle of nutmeg

Chill the above mixture thoroughly. In a large bowl combine whipping cream and powdered sugar and beat until fluffy. Fold the cream into the cold custard. Pour into serving bowls, sprinkle with nutmeg and enjoy

 

No comments:

Post a Comment