Saturday, January 7, 2017

Eggnog creme Brulee

So...my last post with eggnog was not my last after all. I just love love love eggnog and I can't pass it on when I see it in the fridge , in the grocery store, waiting for me to pick it up :p

Anyway, one more carton of my fav eggnog back at home and ofcourse after I drink enough of it I start looking for things to make with it. And it is a snow day today I decided to make some creme brulee with it yesterday. There are hardly any other desserts' I like more than Creme Brulee and to make something more yummy than it already is...great. And did I mention I made it all for myself...in 1 ramekin. thats it. If you want more of it, multiply it by the number of servings you want

Eggnog Creme Brulee(Creme Brulee with egg nog)
Eggnog Creme Brulee
Ingredients:

  1. 1/3 cup each of eggnog, whole milk, heavy cream
  2. yolk from one fresh egg and make an egg white omelet with the rest :)
  3. 4 teaspoons sugar
  4. 3 cups water
heat the oven to 300 degrees F.
Combine the eggnog, cream and milk and bring to a slight simmer over medium heat. Whisk together the egg yolk and 2 teaspoons sugar for about 2 minutes.
While whisking constantly add the hot milk mixture slowly . Add the mixture to a ramekin. Heat the water in a microwave for 2 minutes and add it to a pie pan. Put the ramekin in the middle of the pie pan and put the pan in the middle rack in the oven and bake for 30-35 minutes. Test with a tooth pick, if it comes out clean it is done. Cool on the counter for 30 minutes.
Cover with a plastic wrap and put it in the fridge until ready to use.
Before serving sprinkle the remaining 2 teaspoons of sugar . Put the oven on broil and broil the creme brulee on the top self for 2 minutes. Keep an eye on it and take care not to burn it. Serve or enjoy all by yourself


No comments:

Post a Comment