Friday, March 1, 2013

Refried White beans

I usually have a can of Refried beans had home for times when I crave Mexican food. I like to eat Refried beans with finely sliced cabbage and jalapeƱos and today that's what I am eating. Only difference being, the Refried beans are home made and with what I have at hand- namely the white beans and yum yum yum

Refried white beans
Ingredients
1. 1 can white beans drained
2. 1 cup or less of chicken stock (low sodium)
3. 1/2 cup finely chopped onions
4. 2 garlic pods finely grated
5. 1/4 teaspoon cumin
6. 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
7. 1/4 cup finely chopped cilantro
8. 2 tablespoons lemon juice
9. Lemon pepper as needed

In a heavy bottomed pan heat the oil and fry the cumin for a minute. Add the onions and fry till they turn translucent . Add drained beans and mash them adding chicken stock as needed. Cut the heat and add the cilantro and lemon juice. Serve in a bean cheese burrito and thinly sliced cabbage

No comments:

Post a Comment