Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Focaccia with Bisquick


The first time at came across Focaccia , I didn't know what to make of it. I found it in Trader Joe's store and I got it. Pretty expensive but I loved it. Last night  we went out for dinner and guess what I had. A Focaccia sandwich with Steak. It was delicious.

I have been thinking of making Focaccia for a long time now and today I found a recipe using Bisquick. Since I already have a big box of Bisquick which I am not using for pancakes cause the pancakes with bisquick are too dry for my taste, I have to somehow use the mix. I tried the recipe and its super easy and fast and super delicious. I think I found a way to use up my Original Bisquick Mix

Focaccia with Bisquick (Pizza like bread with original Bisquick Mix)
Unbaked Focaccia
Olive and Sundried Bisquick Focaccia

Focaccia with Bisquick



Ingredients:

  1. 2 cups original Bisquick mix
  2. 2 teaspoons garlic powder
  3. 1/2 cup hot water
  4. 2 tablespoons spicy burgundy olives (or any color you like/have)
  5. 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary crushed
  6. 1 heaped teaspoon sun-dried tomatoes chopped fine
  7. 2 teaspoons olive oil
Preheat oven to 400°F.

 In medium bowl, stir Bisquick mix, garlic powder and sun-dried tomatoes and water until stiff dough forms. Let stand 5 minutes.
Knead the dough for 60 times
Press or roll dough into a 10X7 inch oval or 8 inch circle. Press the olive pieces into the dough and sprinkle with rosemary. Bake for 12-14 minutes. Let stand for 10 minutes. 
Brush with olive oil and serve as an appetizer or with a soup for a hearty dinner

No comments:

Post a Comment