Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Brown rice Dosa

Dosa for me is thin and crispy and "Attu" for me is a thick dosa which i don't like. So I have always wanted a dosa and not an Attu.
And I made healthier version of my beloved dosa ( even though I am not sure how healthy it is) . This dosa is made with brown rice instead of white rice but there was no difference in taste and the mr. Healthy Dosa was equally scrumcious and enjoyabl

Brown rice Dosa ( Indian crepes with lentils and brown rice)
Brown Rice Dosa

Ingredients
1. 1 cup white urad dal
2. 2.5 cups brown rice
3. 1 teaspoon salt
4. Water
5. Oil for frying

Soak the rice and dal over night separately. Grind them into a smooth paste with enough water. Mix the salt and water to form a thin pancake batter

Heat a griddle and test with a drop of water. If it sizzles the griddle is ready. Drop a ladle if batter in the center and with the back of the ladle spread it into a circle with a light hand. Drizzle oil around the dosa and when the edges rise turn it and cook for a couple of minutes. Serve with you favorite chutney or potato curry

No comments:

Post a Comment