Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Cajun grilled Tilapia

The last couple of times I made fish it didn't taste good. My brother The Cook thinks it may be because the market people may be thawing frozen fish and selling it as fresh. So I stopped buying fish from that particular store. I got Tilapia fillets from Costco today and I wanted to make Cajun seasoned grilled tilapia. Since I did not have any store bought seasoning hence I searched for the recipe and made the Cajun seasoning myself and it turned out pretty good. The original recipe is from Allrecipes website . I did not add salt to the mix and also the red pepper flakes. So that I CBS make my fish/ chicken with how much salt and spice I want

Cajun seasoning mix

Cajun Seasoning
Ingredients:
  1. 2 teaspoons garlic powder
  2. 21/2 teaspoons paprika
  3. 1 teaspoon each of black pepper, onion powder, cayenne pepper
  4. 11/4 teaspoon each of fried oregano, dried Thyme

Mix all the ingredients together and store in an air tight container


Cajun Grilled Tilapia (Tilapia grilled with homemade Cajun seasoning)
Cajun Seasoned Tilapia

Ingredients:
  1. 4 Tilapia fillets washed and wiped dry
  2. 1 heaped tablespoon Cajun Seasoning
  3. 3/4 teaspoon salt
  4. 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
Divide the seasoning, salt and red pepper flakes among the fish fillets for both sides. Let me marinate for 30 minutes. Heat a stove top grill and spray it with cooking spray. Grill for 5 minutes on each side. Serve with brown rice and steamed broccoli


Cajun Tilapia Dinner





No comments:

Post a Comment