Thursday, July 21, 2011

Cabbage Paneer Fry with Tomato Moong Dal

I was searching for some recipes with Cabbage and all I found was same old same old curries and fries. I didn't want to cook any of them. So I made up my own curry-fry with Cabbage and Paneer and it turned out to be one of my best. Here is it for your table


Cabbage Paneer Fry (Simple Cabbage and Cottage Cheese Stir fry)


Cabbage Paneer Fry

Ingredients:
  1. 1/2 medium cabbage (about 4 cups finely shredded)
  2. 1 cup paneer pieces(1 inch long and 1/4 inch thick)
  3. 1/2 teaspoon each of Kalonji, salt, turmeric
  4. 3 dried red chillies
  5. few curry leaves (optional)
  6. 2 tablespoons mustard oil (or any other vegetable oil)
Here is How to make Fresh Paneer
In a pan heat the oil till smoking hot (if using mustard oil) and reduce heat to medium and drop kalonji to it and fry for 2-3 minutes. Add dried red chillies and curry leaves if using and fry for a couple of minutes. Add cabbage and salt and cover and cook for 10-15 minutes. Add the rest of the ingredients and fry for 5 minutes. Serve hot

Serve with rice and Tomato Moong Dal 


No comments:

Post a Comment