Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Beetroot Puri

Whenever I want my kids to eat vegetables, and take a break from meat, then I make something different with it and they eat it without complaining. Today was Red Puri. The red color of the poori is from beet root. I make Beet root Roti but this time it is Poori and I learned the trick to make is nice and puffy and stay that way until broken :) . So everyone was mighty happy.

Red Puri (Fried Indian wheat bread withe beet root dough)
Beet root puri

Ingredients:


  1. I can beet root slices, half of the liquid drained and ground to a paste
  2. 4 cups whole wheat flour
  3. 1 teaspoon salt
  4. 1 teaspoon ghee
  5. 2 tablespoons sooji
Mix all the ingredients together and add little water if needed and form a dough. Knead it for 5 minutes. 
Divide the dough into 12 parts and roll it on a clean surface into 5-6 inches disk. Heat oil in a pan and add a small piece of dough to it, if it sinks the oil is cold. When it floats nicely, add the puri and fry for 1 minute and flip it, flip it again and flip it again...3 to 4 minutes per poori should be enough. Drain it and enjoy with Mixed veg curry

Also try Green poori

No comments:

Post a Comment