Sunday, March 4, 2018

Makkai ki roti

I got some great fresh looking mustard greens from the Indian store and I was going to make Makkai ki roti, sarson da saag for dinner. But...but...but...I did not have any corn meal.
Leaving in a country which is not my mother's land I have learned to improvise ...and improvise I did. And yum yum yum the results.

Makkai ki roti (Indian bread made with corn)
Makkai ki roti
Ingredients:

  1. 1 can sweet corn drained
  2. 2 cups whole wheat flour
  3. ghee for frying
Grind the corn to a smooth paste with some water. Mix this with the whole wheat flour into a smooth paste. Set it aside for 20 minutes.

Divide the dough into 8 parts. On a clean surface sprinkle some wheat flour and roll the rotis. Heat a griddle and fry the roti on a medium low flame for 2-3 minutes. Flip and apply some ghee and flip for a minute. Serve with paneer sarson ka saag

No comments:

Post a Comment