Saturday, December 3, 2016

Salmon burger

I cook Indian food devotedly Monday through Thursday but by Friday I am tired of it and I want to eat something else. Mostly I am just too tired on Fridays to cook anything elaborate and I just heat and eat

The salmon burger I made today was super delicious. And it is pretty easy to make also. So here you go
Salmon Burger
Salmon Burger

Ingredients


  1. 12-15 oz salmon fillet
  2. 1 teaspoon each of mustard (I use my fav Boars' head white wine and horseradish delicatessen style mustard), mayo, lemon juice
  3. 1/2 teaspoon salt, chilli flakes, pepper
  4. panko
  5. 1 tablespoon finely chopped onions and cilantro
  6. oil for frying
Ground 1/3 of the salmon into paste. The rest should be chopped into 1 cm cubes. Mix all the ingredients and divide it into four parts.Make them into patties with wet palms and put it on a wax paper and into the refrigerator for 30 minutes.

In a plate spread panko and press the patties into panko on both side

Heat an iron skillet or non stick skillet and fry the patties on high heat for a minute and cover and cook for 3 minutes. Turn and fry on medium high heat for 2 minutes.
Toast your bun (or not if you don't like it...but toasted buns are super delicious). Spread mustard and mayo or cilantro sour cream, add the salmon patty, top with lettuce, red onion slices and tomato slices and serve with potato chips :)

No comments:

Post a Comment