Thursday, September 12, 2013

Tres leche cake

There used to be bakery close to where I lived before. Their most famous item there was called Tres Leche Cake and I had no idea what it was. So one day I just tried a small piece and I fell in love with it. It was delicious, so rich and yummy. And the cakes in that bakery came with fruit or without fruit. And the best fruit to go with this cake is the tart Mr.Kiwi

The cake tastes so complex that I never thought I could make it at home. But it is soooo simple to make. I wish I knew it earlier :)

Tres leche cake (3 milk cake)

Tres Leche Cake
Three Milk Cake


Ingredients

  1. 1 box yellow cake mix
  2. 1 cup each of condensed sweetened milk, whipping cream, whole milk
Make the cake according to the package directions and let it cool for 5 minutes. Take a fork and make holes in it. Mix the milks well and add it to the cake slowly so that it can soak the liquids. Let it soak at least an hour before serving. Make it milk mixture again the after 2 hours and add this to the cake to make it soak better if the cake looks dry. Serve and enjoy a delicious cool piece of cake!







No comments:

Post a Comment