Friday, September 20, 2013

El Pollo Loco Avocado Sauce

Yesterday our dinner was from the Mexican restaurant  El Pollo Loco. This is one of my favorite restaurants and the Guacamole  Sauce from the salsa bar is my favorite. Today I had some left over chicken but no Avocado Sauce and I was just searching for this recipe. The actual recipe is here. I changed one thing from the recipe  that is I replaced white vinegar with fresh lemon juice, and the guacamole sauce was exactly as it would taste at the restaurant.

El Pollo Loco Avocado Sauce 
Guacamole Sauce

Ingredients:

  1. 1 ripe Avocado pitted
  2. 1 jalapeno steamed and quartered
  3. 1 cup water
  4. 1/2 teaspoon salt or adjust to taste
  5. 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lemon juice
  6. 1/4 cup fresh chopped cilantro
  7. 1 tablespoon chopped onion
Grind all the ingredients together except onions into a smooth paste. Add onions and stir to combine. Give a taste test and adjust accordingly with more salt and lemon juice

No comments:

Post a Comment