Monday, September 2, 2013

Broccoli with Lamb and Fried Rice

Its been quite a while that I made Chinese at home. Today I was thinking of Panda Express and their famous dish Broccoli and beef. But since I don't have beef and had lamb at hand so here is the dish Broccoli with lamb. I served it with Fried rice.

I have never tasted the Broccoli and beef and so I can't tell you how my broccoli and lamb compares to it. But I can tell you for sure that my broccoli and lamb was a super hit at home

Broccoli with Lamb (Stir fried lamb with broccoli)
Lamb with Broccoli

Ingredients:

  1. 2 teaspoons cornstarch
  2. 1/2 cup water, plus
  3. 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
  4. 1 lb boneless lamb cut into strips
  5. 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
  6. 4 cups broccoli florets
  7. 1 small onion, cut into wedges
  8. 1/3 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
  9. 2 teaspoons brown sugar
  10. 1 teaspoon ground ginger

In a bowl, combine 2 teaspoons cornstarch, 2 tablespoons water and garlic powder until smooth. Add lamb and stir to combine. In a large skillet or wok over medium high heat, stir-fry lamb in 1 tablespoon oil until the lamb is well done. Drain and keep aside. Heat the remaining oil and stir-fry broccoli and onion in remaining oil for 4-5 minutes. Return lamb to pan. Combine soy sauce, brown sugar, ginger 1/2 cup water until smooth; add to the pan. Stir to combine. Cook on medium heat for 5 minutes . Serve with Fried Rice

No comments:

Post a Comment