Monday, February 18, 2013

Cinema Hall Cucumber Sandwich

The other day me and my cousin were getting nostalgic and where talking about the cinema halls in India. How it used to be such a treat to go to the movies with friends and all. And the food. When it came to the food we both we thinking of the same thing. The vegetarian cucumber sandwich which used to be available only in the cinema theaters. And MAN it used to be good.

So I went on a hunt to find the ingredients of the sandwich, the main one being the green chutney. When I went to the Indian store I found a mango-mint chutney instead of the usual mint chutney and I got it. And I made the sandwich and it brought about such fond memories.

Cucumber Sandwich (Simply delicious vegetarian sandwich)
Cucumber sandwich

Ingredients
  1. 2 slices white bread crust removed
  2. 5-6 slices (1/8 inch thick) of peeled cucumber
  3. 2 teaspoons each of mint or mango-mint chutney, tomato ketchup
Spread the mint chutney on one slice and the ketchup on the other slice. Top the mint chutney slice with cucumber topped with the tomato slice. Cut diagonally into two triangles. Enjoy as is, or with some potato chips

1 comment:

  1. Hi I'm John from Fooduel.com. It is a site in which users vote recipes
    from 1 to 10.

    There is a ranking of the best recipes and a profile with your recipes ordered. Each recipe has a link to the blog that belongs recipe. This way you will get traffic to your blog

    It's easy, fast and fun. The best Photo recipes will be stay here

    I invite you to enter add your blog and upload a recipe with a nice photo.

    We would love that you participate with some recipe like this.

    Regards

    http://www.Fooduel.com

    ReplyDelete