Saturday, November 17, 2012

Chana Dal Murgh

Chana Dal or Bengal Gram goes very well with meat but I never used to like it when I was a kid. But I have grown over it and now I really really like it. I wanted to see if it goes well with Chicken as well and let me tell you, this is one of the most delicious currys' I served with roti. Try it to believe it.

The creamier you want your dal to be the more you cook it. And my dal got totally mashed up and super creamy-the way I like it. And I used Chicken thighs but you can use any part of chicken you like. Enjoy

Chana Dal Murgh (Chicken with Split Bengal Gram)
Chicken with Chana Dal Gravy

Ingredients:

  1. 1 cup chana dal soaked in water for 30 minutes
  2. 1-1/2 chicken 
  3. 1 cup chopped onions
  4. 2 medium tomatoes chopped
  5. 1 teaspoon salt
  6. 1/2 teaspoon each of turmeric, chilly powder, ginger-garlic paste, garam masala
  7. 1 tablespoon oil
  8. 1 inch cinnamon stick broken
  9. 2 cloves
Marinate the chicken with salt, turmeric, chilly powder and garam masala for30-60 minutes. In a pressure cooker heat the oil and fry the onions till golden brown. Add ginger-garlic paste and fry for a minute along with the cinnamon and cloves. Add tomatoes and fry for a couple of minutes. Add dal with a cup of water and cook for 2 whistles. Let all the steam escape, open the cooker and add the chicken and cook further for 2 more minutes. Simmer till the gravy thickens to your liking. garnish with a handful of cilantro and serve with your favorite Roti

Other chana dal recipes 



No comments:

Post a Comment