Sunday, January 8, 2012

Dal Wada

Today I made Dal Wada for which the inspiration was my sis-in-law. A long long time ago, I tried making it but it was a BIG disaster. The one thing I didn't realise was we would have to shallow fry these wadai or else they will fall apart.
                 The other day when we were at my brother's place, my bhabi made wada with moong dal and that was a new item for me. My mom used to make them in a totally different way. Anyway the last time I ate wada was made the mother-in-law of my very good friends'. This is an Indian version of Falafel
                 The moong dal wada recipe will come along some other day but today is the recipe for the dal wada, a great dish for sunday breakfast or a tea time snack.

Dal Wada (Shallow fried lentil fritters)

Dal Wada being Shallow fried
Ingredients:
  1. 2 cups Chana Dal (Dried split black Chickpeas) (soaked in water for an hour)
  2. 1/4 cup finely chopped onions
  3. 1 green chilly finely chopped
  4. 1/2 teaspoon each of cumin, Ajwain, finely chopped ginger, salt
  5. 2 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro
  6. Oil for shallow frying
Grind the chana dal into a coarse paste with water (as little as possible)
Mix all the other ingredients and make it into 3 inch patties 1/2 inch thick. Heat about 1/4 inch high oil in a pan and fry the wada till they start getting brown. Drain and serve with ketchup

No comments:

Post a Comment