Sunday, December 8, 2019

Egg stuffed sour cream biscuits

My dear brother was here for Thanksgiving and while getting ready to cook thanksgiving feast, I realized I was missing sour cream... for my most popular  Dill Sour cream mashed potato. As my brother was going out I asked him to get a "small size" pack of sour cream but not the "Smallest size"...Guess what size he got for me. THE 3LB TUB OF SOUR CREAM. I used about 1 lb of it and I have about 2/3 of the sour cream tub which I am trying to find ways to use.

And this sour cream biscuit recipe is one of the recipes for the mission. I have made biscuits before but they were not very fluffy. These are great. I made a couple of changes to the original recipe . I filled my biscuits with onion scrambled eggs.


Egg stuffed sour cream biscuits 
Egg stuffed sour cream biscuits
Ingredients:

  1. 2 cups all-purpose flour
  2. 2 tablespoons sugar
  3. 21/2 teaspoons baking powder
  4. 1/2 teaspoon each of salt, baking soda
  5. 1 cup sour cream
  6. 1 tablespoon butter, melted
Ingredients for onion scrambled eggs:
  1. 2 large or 3 medium eggs
  2. 2 tablespoons finely chopped onions
  3. 1 tablespoon oil
  4. 1/2 teaspoon each of salt, fresh ground black pepper, garlic powder
In a pan heat the oil and cook the onions till translucent. In a bowl add 1/2 tablespoon water and mix salt, pepper and garlic powder. Break the eggs into it and beat the eggs. Add this to the pan over the onions and scramble them. Let them cool.

Preheat oven to 400° (for dark pan or 425 for lighter pans). 
Sift the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and baking soda. Stir in the butter and sour cream just until moistened. If the dough is too dry add 1 tablespoon of water at a time 
Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead gently 8-10 times. DO  NOT OVER KNEAD.

Divide the dough into 8 parts. Take a part of dough into you palm and spread it into a circle 3-4 inches wide. Place about 1 tablespoon scrambled egg and close the dough like a dumpling. Place 1 in. apart on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake until golden brown, 10-12 minutes. Brush biscuits with butter; Enjoy yummy breakfast biscuits.

To reheat...wrap in a paper towel and microwave for 40-45 seconds and enjoy on a busy morning


    No comments:

    Post a Comment