Saturday, November 11, 2017

Pasta Salad

I am always on the look out for  kids' lunch ideas. Because, all of us moms know it...by the time they get to eat their lunch, the hot lunch isn't cold, the sandwich is all soggy and many different things the food can morph in a few hours. So this pasta recipe is great. It holds well on a cold winter day.

I put the ingredients my kid likes. The one thing YOU can add to this is pepperoni and it will be a meat pasta salad

Pasta Salad (Pasta with pizza ingredients)
Pizza pasta salad

Ingredients:

  1. 1 cup fun shaped pasta cooked according to the package directions ( I got presents, Christmas tree, shooting stars pasta)...I wish I had taken a better picture...but we were running late for the school bus
  2. handful of olives, 
  3. handful of cherry tomatoes
  4. 1/4 cup corn
  5. 1/4 cup finely chopped onions + celery + carrots
  6. 1 tablespoon each of mayo+ sour cream + relish
  7. 1 teaspoon each of  mustard, olive oil
  8. dash of pepper
  9. 2 slices of your favorite cheese or from a block (I used provolone)
Cook and drain the paste according to package instructions. In the last 2 minutes add the corn to the boiling water. Drain and mix with olive oil so that the pasta do not stick to each other.

Mix all the ingredients of #6 and #7 well. 
Mix everything together and add the pepper and enjoy
 

No comments:

Post a Comment