Saturday, November 11, 2017

Garden burger patty

I have been craving burgers and so far I haven't found a place here that I like to go to get a burger. My favorite place used to be Fat Burgers. I spent half of my pregnancy there LOL :)

Anyway...I wanted to eat the burger, so I made it at home but I made it healthy for everyone involved. This burger has a ton of vegetables in it. But the taste was exceptional. My son wouldn't stop praising how great it tastes. So enjoy

Garden burger patty (Beef patty with vegetables and baked)
Vegetable filled burger

Ingredients:

  1. 1 lb ground beef sirlion
  2. 1 medium carrot + 1 mediym yellow squash or zucchini +1/2 cup finely chopped onion 
  3. 2 or 3 stalks of green onions chopped fine
  4. handful of cilantro chopped fine
  5. 1 teaspoon each of salt, garlic powder
  6. 1/2 teaspoon each of ground cumin, ground coriander, lemon pepper
Fine grate the carrot and the squash and squeeze them to get as much water out as possible. Squeeze the onion also. Mix all the ingredients and set aside for atleast 15 minutes.

Pre heat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray. Take handful of meat and roll it into a ball and press it into a patty or make it into sausages. Bake for 30 minutes.

NOTE: You might have to drain the cooking sheet with way, if there is too much liquid.

Enjoy it over a bun with lettuce, tomato, pickles and onions. Or serve it the way you like it. I served mine with baked cauliflower and brown rice

No comments:

Post a Comment