Saturday, October 14, 2017

Szechuan Salmon

It was a team lunch and supposedly one of my manager's favorite spots for lunch. I have not eaten any Chinese food anything remotely similar to this. Specifically this was a Szechuan Cuisine and they had the Szechuan numbing peppers in most of the dishes we orders. Yummmm instant love. This Szechuan pepper corn have the tangy taste in the beginning that is very reminiscent of the tingly tangy taste you get when you eat a baby mango. I was instantly transported to my childhood house with the Mango tree and all those summer afternoons when I would get onto the tree and get a raw mango and bite into it.

I had to have those Szechuan pepper corns and I got them and I did not want to make chicken. I made Salmon . And yum yum. Loved them all the way.

Szechuan Salmon
Szechuan pepper corn salmon
Salmon fillet dinner

Ingredients:

  1. 4 salmon fillets
  2. 1 teaspoon oil
  3. 1 teaspoon each of Szechuan peppercorn, garlic powder, coriander powder, 
  4. 1/2 teaspoon each of red pepper flakes, salt
  5. Oil for frying the salmon
Pound the Szechuan pepper corn to break them. Mix all the spices in a bowl along with the oil. Apply the spice mix to the fish fillets and let them rest for 15 minutes. Heat a griddle and add some oil to it and fry the fish fillets on medium low heat 5 minutes on each side. 

I served them with orzo pasta, Steamed broccoli and Corn asparagus, bell pepper stir fry

No comments:

Post a Comment