Saturday, October 14, 2017

Belgian sugar waffles

The first time I had these waffles, I had no idea they were a different kind of waffles. It was a small local restaurant away from the strip in Las Vegas, Nevada. Those were the most yummiest waffles' I have ever eaten.

I tried to replicate them various ways but they all were the regular waffle recipes. Finally last week I found the recipe I was looking form. hmmm....I reached my happy place. And here is the recipe to share...cause whatever I am making I am not sharing...they are all for me >:)

Belgian sugar waffles (Overnight yeast waffles with bits of sugar in them)
Belgian Overnight sugar waffles

Ingredients:


  1. 1/4 oz package yeast
  2. 1/3 cup luke warm water
  3. 2 tablespoon granulated sugar
  4. pinch of salt
  5. 2 cups all purpose flour
  6. 3 eggs
  7. 1/2 cup butter softened
  8. 1/2 cup pearl sugar (I did not get them so I sprinkled some water in 1/2 cup brown sugar so that it formed small lumps and used it)
Mix the yeast in warm water and sugar and let it froth for 10 minutes. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well. Knead the dough and let it rest in a oiled bowl, covered, over night. 

Mix gently the pearl sugar/ brown sugar bits and let it rest for 15 minutes.

Heat the waffle iron. Take a small lemon sized dough and press it in the middle of the waffle iron and let cook until the steam stops coming up. 

Bounce it between your hands for a minute, so that the waffle cools a little and serve. This is, so that the steam from the hot waffle doesn't make it soggy on the plate

Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment