Sunday, August 6, 2017

Cheese cake

Cheese cake is something I had no idea about when I first came to the US. The first time I had it, I hated it. I was expecting the texture to be more like the pastry cake we used to find back in India, but it is sooooooooo different. But by and by I got used to the taste and now its one of my favorite deserts.

Please thing it is so difficult to make it and they just go buy it. I think its much healthier (if I may say so...wink wink ) to make it at home. And it is pretty easy also. So here is an easy recipe for Cheese cake

Cheese Cake 
Cheese cake

Ingredients for crust:

  1. 11/2 cup graham cracker crumbs (about 8 crackers or 4 full length crackers from the pack)
  2. 1/4 cup confectioners sugar
  3. 3 tablespoons melted butter
  4. 1 pinch salt

Ingredients for cheese cake:


  1. 16 oz 1 pack  or 2 packs of 8 oz cream cheese at room temperature
  2. 2 large eggs
  3. 1 cup confectioners sugar
  4. 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.

Mix the ingredients of the crust and prepare a 9 inch round pan. Add the crust mix and press it onto the bottom and by the sides

For the filling, beat the cream cheese with the sugar well. Add the eggs and vanilla to the mix and mix again until everything is incorporated. Add the filling to the pie pan and bake for 20 minutes.

Cover the pan and bake for 20 more minutes or until a tooth pick comes out clean. 

Let it cool and serve as is or with some fruit topping

No comments:

Post a Comment