Monday, April 17, 2017

Sriracha lime chickpeas

Recently I have been craving chick peas and gobbling the Wasabi chickpeas. I can't make the wasabi chickpeas at home because I do not have the wasabi but I just got a new bottle of Sriracha sauce and so I made the Sriracha Lime Chickpeas. The main reason here is I can control the heat. The chickpeas I get from the super markets are not spicy enough for me

Sriracha Lime Chickpeas (Chickpeas smothered in Sriracha and baked crisp)
Crispy spicy Sriracha lime chickpeas

Ingredients:
  1. 1  can of chickpeas, rinsed well and drained
  2. 1 tablespoon sriracha
  3. 1 tsp each of olive oil, garlic powder (optional), corn startch
  4. 2 tablespoons lime juice
  5. 1/2 tsp sea salt
Rinse the chickpeas and dry them and try to remove the skin by lightly rubbing them between your fingers or between paper towels .
Pre heat oven to 450 degrees

Mix all the ingredients together and add the chickpeas and mix well. On a baking sheet spray some cooking oil and layer the chick peas into one layer and bake for 20-25 minute. Let cool to room temperature and enjoy with friends

No comments:

Post a Comment