Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Ditalini soup

Some time ago I got tri colored orzo pasta, I am pretty sure from Trader Joes. But now however or wherever I search for it I can't find it. So I got the other smallest pasta I could find...Ditalini Pasta.

And I wanted to make the soup vegetarian only but instead I added ground beef to it and my fam gobbled it. It was super delicious.

Ditalini Soup with Ground Beef
Mixed Veggies
Ditalini Veggie Beef Soup

Ingredients:

  1. 1 lb ground meat (chicken/ beef/ lamb)
  2. 1 can crushed tomatoes
  3. 1/2 cup each of peas, green beans, cabbage
  4. 2 celery stalks chopped small
  5. 1 medium small potato cubed small
  6. 1 teaspoon salt
  7. 4 low sodium chicken broth else reduce the salt
  8. 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
  9. 1 teaspoon each of Italian seasoning, finely chopped garlic
  10. 3/4 cup ditalini pasta
Heat a pan and fry the beef if it is any more fat than 10 % (else if using chicken/lamb add 1 tablespoon oil). Fry till the meat gets cooked without any pick color any more (5-7 minutes). Add garlic and fry for a minute.

Add crushed tomatoes, lower the heat and simmer for 30 minutes. If it gets too dry add 1/2 of the chicken broth. Add all the vegetables and the rest of the chicken broth and simmer for 15 minutes. Add the ditalini pasta and cook 10 minutes or according to the package directions (My ditalini package said 10 minutes). Enjoy hot hot on a cold cold evening

No comments:

Post a Comment