Thursday, October 27, 2016

Instant Idli

Idli used to be my favorite breakfast and my mom used to make it but she was never happy when I would ask her to make it. Now...after becoming a mom myself I am also not very crazy when the request for idli comes around once in a a while, without  my prior planning.

I know there are lots of recipes for instant idlis and this time around I had to make some instant idlis...well instant is not the correct word cause idlis do take some time to get made. Anyway...

Here is the recipe I made my "instant" idlis with. No Eno salt. But with baking soda and baking powder.

Instant Idli (Steamed rice buns wiwhout 2 days of preparation)
Instant Idli



Ingredients

  1. 1/2 cup poha (flatenned rice)
  2. 2 cups rice flour
  3. 1 cup urad dal flour
  4. 1 teaspoon fenugreek powder 
  5. 1 teaspoon salt
  6. 1/2 teaspoon citric acid
  7. 1 teaspoon baking soda
  8. 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
  9. 1 tablespoon plain yogurt (optional)
  10. 3-4 cups of water
Mix all the ingredients together and set it aside for 10 minutes.

Apply oil to the idli molds, add batter to them and steam them for 18-20 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes and serve with your favorite chutney. Here are some suggestions :)

No comments:

Post a Comment