Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Coconut green bean chicken

So for the dal with coconut I opened a can of coconut milk and used about half. So I had half a can of coconut milk which I had to use. When I have coconut milk and chicken I usually make Thai coconut chicken curry but this time I made a Kerala curry

And when I was looking for this recipe it called for green beans. I have never made curry with green beans and it is super delicious and good for you too

Green bean chicken in coconut sauce
Chicken with Green beans in Coconut sauce


Ingredients:

  1. 1 lb boneless chicken cut into bite size pieces
  2. 1 1/2 cup coconut milk
  3. 1 tablespoon oil
  4. 1 cup sliced onions
  5. 1 cup green bean
  6. 1/2 teaspoon each of salt, chilli powder, turmeric, coriander powder, cumin, mustard seeds, fennel seeds
  7. Few curry leaves
In a pan heat the oil and add the seeds. When they start to splutter add curry leaves and dry for a minute. Add onions and fry till they become translucent. Add 1 teaspoon ginger garlic paste. Add chicken and green beans and all the powders and cover and cook for 15 minutes. Add coconut milk and simmer for 10 more minutes . Garnish with cilantro and gram masala if you like and enjoy


No comments:

Post a Comment