Monday, March 16, 2015

Kheema Paratha

So, after I made the kheema fry and made it into samosas, I has some left-over kheema fry. So I decided to make Kheema parathas, which I have been thinking of making fr a long time.
             Some time ago there used to be an Arabic teacher in our local mosque used to live all by himself. He once gave me about 2 lbs of ground chicken and asked me to make a whole batch of these stuffed paraths for him. So that he can heat and eat later. Man...it took me 4 hrs and I did make so many for him and in the process. had no time to make dinner for my own family. We ate out.
                Anyway, long story short I have been thinking of making these parathas since then and now came the chance. And YES, they were super delicious. Me and my kids just gobbled them up.

Kheema Paratha (Meat stuffed Indian bread)
Kheema Paratha

Ingredients:

  1. 1 cup Kheema fry
  2. 1/2 cup boiled, peeled and mashed potato
  3. 1 teaspoon salt divided
  4. Oil for frying parathas+1 teaspoons 
  5. 11/2 cup wheat flour
  6. water for making dough
Mix the ground meat fry, with 1/2 teaspoon salt and mashed potato and may be some finely chopped cilantro and 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped ginger if desired. And set aside.

Mix the wheat flour with salt and enough water to make into dough. Rub a little oil in your palm and roll the ball of dough so that oil is applied all over it. Set aside for 20 minutes. 

Divide the dough into 6 parts and the filling into 6 parts. Roll each part into 4 inch disk, add filling and make it into a ball again. set aside until you finish the rest.

Heat a griddle and roll one of the stuffed balls into 6 inch disks. Fry on each side until it turns golden brown with dark spots here and there. Enjoy as is or with ginger pickle 

No comments:

Post a Comment