Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Pidata kinda pappu

So... It was Saturday and I went shopping for some essentials at the indian stores. I need the poha for Muharram and when I was buying that I found my old friend the puffed rice or muramuralu there
       It's been ages that I got that, so I got it- a not so very big bag for $2.5 . I remember those day back in India when we would get a small glass of puffed rice for 10 paisa which is less than 2 cents. I felt sad thinking how much those muri walas might have made per day

Anyway, wiping my tears I started to think what I can make with it and my thoughts travelled to the Vizag beach where the pidata kinda pappu would be sold. That used to be so super spicy and got me all salivating. So I made and ate it. All by myself and inside a cold lonely home

Pidata kinda pappu ( spicy mixture of puffed rice and peanuts)

Ingredients
1. 3 cups puffed rice
2.1/2 cup each of finely chopped onions and tomato and cilantro
3.1/4 cup or less as per taste lemon juice
4. 1-2 table spoons peanuts slow roasted
5. 1/2 teaspoon chilli powder
6. 1/2 teaspoon aamchur powder ( optional)

Mix all the ingredients together till well blended. Enjoy with friends 

No comments:

Post a Comment