Friday, October 24, 2014

Chili

I used to make chili on a regular basis but I don't know what happened that made me stop. When I was making chili today I realized I haven't made chili in atleast an year.

Anyway it was nice making the chili. It was like meeting. Long lost friend

Chili (meat and bean stew)

Ingredients
  • 1)1 lb ground lamb or beef
  • 2)1 can diced tomatoes
  • 3)1 can tomato sauce
  • 4)1/4 cup water
  • 5)1 teaspoon salt, cayenne cumin, ground coriander
  • 6)1 medium large finely chopped onions, chopped green bell pepper
  • 7)2 big or 4 small garlic pods grated
  • 8)2 tablespoon oil
  • 9)1 can northern beans or kidney beans

In a heavy bottomed pan heat the oil and add cumin and fry for a minute. fry the onions till tender. Add garlic and fry for a minute. Add ground meat and fry for 5-7 minutes Add all the remaining ingredients and simmer on low heat for 50-60 minutes. Garnish with cilantro , onions and if preferred grated cheddar cheese and serve with grilled french bread

No comments:

Post a Comment