Friday, November 8, 2013

Boiled peanuts

Frankly I have eaten boiled peanuts for as long as I can remember. But I never gave a thought as how to boil peanuts.

The other day my dear hubby and the little one went to the store and got some raw peanuts. And they both wanted me to boil peanuts. WHOA. I DONNO HOW TO BOIL PEANUTS. So I searched the web and boiled the peanuts and they were yum yum. I used some creole seasoning to give a bit of a zing to the peanuts

So  I am making a blog entry for boiling the peanuts today.

Boiled Peanuts
Boiled Peanuts

Ingredients:

  1. 1 lb raw peanuts in the shell
  2. 1 heaped table spoon sea salt
  3. 1 heaped teaspoon creole seasoning (optional)
  4. Water
In a deep pot add water about 2/3rds of the height. Add salt, peanuts and creole seasoning if using and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and leave on low boil for about 1 hr. Check the consistency of a peanut fr done-ness to your liking. Let it cool a bit and enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment