Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Best Pumpkin Pie ever

This year holiday dinner came early to my house because I didn't want any of my family who were going on vacation to miss it. And when it came to decide the desert item, I asked my little one Pumpkin or Sweet Potato (mmmmmm my favorite of all). She said Pumpkin. I made both pumpkin pie and sweet potato pie and I didn't know it was so popular. The pie just flew off of the table. The original recipe is from the about.com website

And to differentiate the two pie, I found a cute pumpkin shaped pie baking shell

Home Made Pie Crust Recipe



Pumpkin Pie Filling

Pumpkin PIe
Ingredients:
  1. 1  can pumpkin pie puree 15 oz
  2. 3/4 cup sugar
  3. 1/2 teaspoon salt
  4. 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
  5. 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  6. 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
  7. 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour
  8. 2 eggs, lightly beaten
  9. 1 cup evaporated milk, undiluted
  10. 2 tablespoons water
  11. 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

Combine pumpkin, sugar, salt, spices, and flour in a medium mixing bowl. Add beaten eggs and mix well. Add evaporated milk, water, and vanilla and stir to combine well. Pour into pastry-lined pie pan. Bake at 400° for 15 minutes; reduce heat to 350° and bake about 35 minutes longer, or until center is set or a knife inserted comes out clean. 

Cool it and serve with whipped cream


Pumpkin and Sweet potato pie




No comments:

Post a Comment