Saturday, August 3, 2013

Coconut Peanut Chutney

I have been out of town for almost 2 months and when I came back there have been some changes which have happened in the stores at the home front.
Firstly, there used to be a KFC close to home which is being replaced by Starbucks...proof that the coffee giant of America is getting bigger.
Next, there is a Walmart neighborhood market coming in front of the Starbucks. Thats not the surprise. The surprise is there is a Walmart Superstore about 1 mile from this location. The general store giant is getting bigger also.
Another big surprise for me-Indian food items in Walmart as well as other grocery stores around here. So the other day I got the Gits brand Idlis from Walmart and I made them today and to go with them I combined my favorite along with my hubby dears . I love Peanut Chutney and his favorite is Coconut Chutney. So today it was Coconut Peanut Chutney. And here is the recipe

Coconut Peanut Chutney (Peanut Coconut accompaniment)
Coconut Peanut Chutney

Ingredients:

  1. 1/2 cup packed frozen coconut or 1 cup fresh coconut grated
  2. 1/2-3/4 cup peanuts dry roasted
  3. 1/2 thick juice from a small lime sized tamarind
  4. 1/2-3/4 teaspoon salt
  5. 2 green chillies or 1 serrano chili
Dry roast the peanuts and let it cool. Thaw the frozen coconut. Grind the peanuts and coconut into a fine paste along with all the other ingredients. Give a taste test and adjust with salt or more tamarind juice. Enjoy with Plain Idli

No comments:

Post a Comment