Saturday, May 18, 2013

Green beans with Hot Dog

I used to make this dish often a long time ago and it just slipped into oblivion. And finally the other day I had green beans and hot dogs  and I remembered this. This is so easy and super fast to make and yummy and may I say healthy (WINK!)

I used to make it with chicken corn dogs with honey batter on them. That batter rings were delicious. But today I had plain chicken hot dogs and I made it with them. I think its a good way of serving green beans

Green beans with Chicken Franks (Stir fried green beans and Chicken Franks)
Stir fried Green Beans with Chicken Franks

Ingredients:

  1. 2 chicken franks cut into half and then quartered
  2. 3/4-1 lb green beans trimmed and cut into halves
  3. 1 medium green or white onions sliced
  4. 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
  5. 1 large or two medium garlic pods grated
  6. 1/2 teaspoon lemon salt or regular salt and black pepper to taste
  7. pinch red pepper flakes if desired
In a pan heat the oil and fry the onions till tender. Add garlic and red chilli flakes if using and fry for 30 seconds. Add the green beans and salt and and cover and cook for 10 minutes or desired crunchiness is reached. Add chicken franks and fry for 2 more minutes. garnish with cilantro and enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment