Friday, May 25, 2012

Roti aur Shahi Aalu Gobi

So...today is one of those days when I don't have much in the refrigerator. Normally I love cauliflower but lately I don't want to eat it. So it is one of those vegetables which was sitting in my fridge for a long long time. Finally, its time had come today. And the search began...because I didn't want to make either Gobi GoshtPoppy seed cauliflowerCauliflower with shrimpYummy Cauliflower fryCauliflower special. I finally ended up finding a very unique dish on Tarla Dalal's web site and I made it and I was DVine. Yummy, delicious. I have never eaten anything like it and I went perfectly with the Roghni Roti I made. So here is the recipe

Shahi Aalu Gobi (cauliflower and Potatoes cooked in Cottage Cheese Gravy)
Shahi Aloo Gobi


Ingredients:

  1. 1 medium small cauliflower cut into florets
  2. 1 medium large onion peeled and cubed medium
  3. 3/4 cup finely chopped onions
  4. 1 cup chopped mushrooms
  5. 2 bay leaves
  6. 1 cup paneer cubed
  7. 1/2 tablespoon butter
  8. 1 tablespoon oil
  9. 1 cup chicken stock (or water) divided
  10. 1/2 teaspoon each of chilly powder, cumin powder, coriander powder, turmeric, garam masala, ginger-garlic paste
  11. 1 teaspoon salt
In a pan heat the butter and fry the mushrooms till they look nice and brown. Add the paneer, stir once and cut the heat. Let it cool and grind it to a smooth paste using 1/2 cup chicken stock or water.
In the same pan heat the oil and fry the onions and bay leaves till they become translucent. Agarlic paste and fry for 30 seconds. Add the potatoes and cauliflowers and stir . Add all the ingredients and stir to combine. Add the rest of the stock or water and bring to a boil. Cook covered for 10-15 minutes until potatoes and cauliflower are done. Garnish with cilantro and serve with Roghni Roti
Roghni Roti



No comments:

Post a Comment