Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Breakfast Bowl

I am bored of eating the same old breakfast everyday. I used to try so many different things before I had kids but from the time I was pregnant my staple breakfast has been peanut butter-jelly sandwich or sandwich with Orange Marmalade. But today I wanted to eat Chick-fil-A's breakfast sandwich but its so cold outside and I didn't feel like going out. So I decided on making myself a breakfast bowl
        I never ate any of those breakfast bowl's you get in those fast food restaurant chains. Mainly because we don't eat pork and almost all of them have bacon in it as an ingredient. And ofcourse to go to Chick-fil-A is to have thier yummy lemonade. I had some lemon tea cans at hand so no coffee today

Breakfast Bowl (Scrambled eggs with veggies and meat)

Breakfast Bowl
Ingredients:
  1. 2 eggs beaten
  2. 2 tablespoons finely chopped onions
  3. 1 big or 2 small mushrooms chopped
  4. 1 small tomato chopped (I am using Sun-dried tomato 1 piece)
  5. 1/4 of red or green capsicum finely chopped (I am using fire roasted red pepper)
  6. 1 teaspoon finely chopped cilantro
  7. 2 slices of deli cut turkey or chicken chopped (optional)
  8. 1 teaspoon shredded cheese of your choice (I am using mozzarella)
  9. 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
  10. 1 tablespoon each of water and oil
In a pan heat the oil and fry the onions and mushrooms till the raw smell disappears and they get tender. In the mean time in a bowl add the water and salt and pepper and mix well (This step is to ensure at salt gets dissolved and gets distributed evenly throughout the egg). Add the eggs and beat them. Add this to the pan on medium heat and let it cook for a couplr of minutes. Add capcicum, tomato and turkey and stir to scamble the egg. Cook for 2 more minutes. Cut the heat and add cheese and cilantro and stir one more time. Serve hot

Lemon Tea

No comments:

Post a Comment