Sunday, March 27, 2011

Garlic roasted lamb and Orzo

I get these emails from "Autralian lamb" and they send some very good recipes with lamb. I don't eat beef so I am always on the search for new recipes with lamb. I love lamb and I think people who haven't tried it should try it. Anyway, I made the recipe I got from the "Australian lamb" which is called Garlic roasted lamb, which this email informs me is the national dish of Australia.
         I made Orzo pasta to go with it and also steamed brocolli and sugar snap peas

Garlic Roasted Lamb (Lamb roasted with garlic and Rosemary)
Garlic and rosemary roasted lamb

Ingredients:
  1. 1-2 lb lamb cut into big chunks
  2. 6-10 big garlic cloves peeled and cut into half
  3. 3 tablespoons olive oil divided
  4. 1 teaspoon each of salt, rosemary chopped
  5. 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
  6. Medium red onion cut into chunks (optional)
In a pan heat 1 tablespoon olive oil and lay the garlic in a single layer cut side down and roast covered on medium low heat for 20 minutes. After 10 minutes turn the garlic and let them roast. After 20 minutes cut the heat and let the garlic cool and mash it.
Marinate the lamb chunks with salt, pepper, rosemary and the mashed garlic and the oil and set it in the fridge for 1-2 hours. Leave it on the counter for 30 minutes. In a pressure cooker lay the meat cook with 2 tablespoons water and cook for 2 whistles. In a oven safe dish transfer the lamb and cover and cook for 25 minutes at 300 degrees. Remove cover stir and roast for 15 more minutes. Add the onion chunks if you are using it and roast for 10 more minutes. Remove from oven and serve

Orzo

Orzo
Ingredients:
  1. 2 cups orzo cooked to package directions
  2. 1 cup chicken stock
Cook the rozo 1 minute less than the package says. Add it to the stock and let it boil uncovered for 5 more minutes and serve

Steamed brocolli

Steamed brocolli and Sugarsnap Peas

Ingredients:
  1. 2 cups brocolli florets
  2. 1 cup sugar snap peas
I have the steamer I got from a Chinese store which can be used in the microwave. I steam the vegetables to my desered done-ness and garnish with a tablespoon of cheese

Overall a wonderful dinner

No comments:

Post a Comment