Friday, November 5, 2010

Cilantro spread for bread

So...I have finally jumped into blogging. Iwrote my recipes at a million website and none of them seem to be coming up when I search...I know...I know its hard. But anyway I am doing it.

Last night I decided to make Shrimp something and found the shrimp my hubby dear got. They were nice big shrimp. So I decided to make shrimp cocktail for my shrimp crazy hubby and my li'l girl. Hmm...what should be the main course along with shrimp cocktail. After searching the web I decided on a chunky salad and toasted bread

Another question again. What should be the spread for the bread? Previously I made lemon-garlic butter for the bread and it was awesome. But yesterday was super hot here and I didn't want to eat more garlic and make my life a scorching hell (YES...Mr.Garlic makes me crzy hot and thirsty) . So I searched with no good result for the 'spread for the bread'. So I made my own. Here's the recipe

Cilantro Spread

Ingredients:
  1. 1 big bunch cilantro trimmed and cleaned
  2. 1/4 cup pine nuts toasted
  3. 1 big garlic pod chopped rough
  4. 1/4 cup cream cheese or mayo
  5. 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
  6. 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
  7. salt to taste

Method:

      Blend all the ingredients into a smooth paste in a food processor. Spread on toasted french bread and enjoy with a salad

No comments:

Post a Comment