Saturday, July 1, 2017

Persian Lima Beans and Dill Rice

In Los Angeles, there used to be a Persian restaurant which was my hubby’s favorite place. And my favorite was Lamb shanks with the Lima beans Dill rice. This rice is extra ordinarily delicious. I just love it.
When I give it to my kids I call it the “hairy rice” because the dill looks like little hair stuck to the rice and it adds some fun to the rice and the kids like it.

Persian Lima Beans and Dill Rice
Dill and Lima Beans rice

Ingredients:
  1. 3 cups basmati rice cooked according with ½ teaspoon salt to the directions on the package.
  2. 1 bunch Dill stripped form the tough steams and chopped
  3. 1 can small lima beans rinsed and drained
  4. 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice.
  5. ½ tablespoon olive oil



In a pan heat the oil and add the lima beans to it. Cook them for 5 minutes. Mash some of them with the back of the spoon. Add dill to it and mix well. Add the rice and the lemon juice and mix well. Serve with your favorite chicken or lamb dish

No comments:

Post a Comment