Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Quinoa kheer


The other day I was on a health shopping spree and u got a whole pound of quinoa. I was planning to eat it for dinner every night on, need less to say the packet was sitting one my counter unopened for 10 days :)

And then some good news on my professional side and I want to make some sweet and I thought I had some boxed mix for rasmallai and I was wrong . And hence the search for a recipe and stumbling upon this kheer/phirni/payasam/pudding etc with quinoa. It was delicious. Everyone loves it. So give it a try.

Quinoa kheer(Rice pudding without rice and with quinoa...indian style)

Ingredients
1. 1/2 cup quinoa
2. 2 cups milk
3. 1 tablespoon condensed milk
4. 1/4-1/3 cup sugar or sweetener
5. 1 pinch saffron
6. 1/2 teaspoon rose water or cardamom 1
7. 1 teaspoon each of slivered almonds and raisins fried in 1 teaspoon butter (optional)

In a heavy bottomed pan bring the milk with quinoa to a boil and simmer for 10-12 minutes. Add sugar and simmer for 10 more minutes. Add the rest of the ingredients and serve hot/ room temp or cold

No comments:

Post a Comment